cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Right way to create a route-map and reference it ...

InternetB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if I can reference a route-map first and then create it later.

Example :-

Conf t

Router bgp 200

Redistribute eigrp 21 route-map DENY_100

!

route-map DENY_100 deny 10

match tag 3650

!

route-map DENY_100 permit 65535

Question :-

1) If I reference the route-map and its not created, the impact to this is that the route-map action won't be done right ? There is no other impact isn't it ?

2) Would the better way to do this is to create a route-map and then reference it OR it does not really matter ?

Pls advice,

Cheers,

InternetB.

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the route-map is not defined the implicit deny all statement will apply and none of the routes will be redistributed

I made a quick test with 12.0(33)S.

HTH

Laurent.

Thanks Laurent. The reason for this question is that I noticed that the config guide reference the route-map first and then create it. If one were to put in the configs at the same time, there should be minimal impact but if someone has say two redistribution points and calls for the route-map first before creating them, then there could be an impact.

So the better way to do this is to create the route-map first and then reference it.

Thanks you Lauren ....

Cheers,

InternetB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card