Attachment Stripping

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2009

Hi

We strip attachments using the "Strip Attachment by File Info" filter and use the Replace message field to add in the details of the file using the $dropped_filename variable. The issue I have is that this doesnt insert this text into the body of the original email but adds a txt file with the Replacement Message in it.
In an ideal world I would like the message inserted into the email using the $dropped_filename variable and no txt attachment in the email.

I have tried using the "Strip Attachment by File Info" with no Replacement message and inserting a footer instead, but there are two issues here. The $dropped_filename variable doesn't work in the footer and there is still a txt file in the email with a default message.

Any suggestions would be welcome?

Cheers

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shannon.hagan Tue, 04/28/2009 - 16:01

If you use Add-Footer("yourdisclaimer") where yourdisclaimer is a message disclaimer. This will show it inline and not as an attachment. If you are using 6.5.1; however, dropped_filenames is not getting populated properly (bug id: 46586) - it used to. I would recommend that you get added to the bug id.

pommie_ironport Thu, 04/30/2009 - 00:57

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't too clear earlier. I am using "Add-Footer" and this puts the text in the email fine but the dropped_filenames variable doesn't work with this and if you leave the Replacement message field empty in the "Strip Attachment by File Info" it still attaches a txt file with a default message in it.

Ideally I would like to get rid of the txt attachment and insert a more meaningful message in the email that includes the dropped_filenames variable.

adam.barker Thu, 04/30/2009 - 07:13

I had the same issue...and there is an article about in in the knowledgebase.

Use the localeconfig command via CLI and accept Y for all options. It's to do with mismatches with encoding and running that command will force the footer into the body.

pommie_ironport Mon, 05/04/2009 - 00:47

Thanks for the reply. Again maybe i wasnt clear. I am at the moment adding a footer which inserts text in to the email OK. So I dont need to run the localeconfig as this works fine.

My issue is that I want to provide users with clear information and use the $dropped_filenames variable and have the text in the email NOT in a TXT attachment.

If I use the "Add-footer" the $dropped_filenames variable doesn't work. If I use the replacement message field in the "Strip Attachment by File Info" filter the right information is there but in a txt attachment.

Actions

This Discussion