Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN AAA LDAP authentication problem

richardlock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using a Cisco ASA 5510 with the AnyConnect VPN Client. We are using a LDAP AAA group direct to Active Directory for authentication, and this is all working fine apart from the problem below.

The only problem we are having is with users who have a "£" pound sign character in their password. The authentication fails as though the password is wrong, but I have checked this with my own testing. The password is entered correctly, but seems to be not passed on properly somewhere in the authentication process. However, it works for other special characters. The pound sign is the only character that seems to be having problems, although there might be some other rare ones which we've not seen yet.

Does anyone know what might cause this issue and how we can fix it please?

We are using ASA 8.0.4 and AnyConnect 2.3.0254 Windows Client.

Many thanks, Richard

3 Replies 3

christianschorr
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, there are many problems with special characters int the actualy asa image. In the next image (ASA 8.2 Release) , it comes after next week, I hoope that all problems are fixed. I haved open a call with this problems and CISCO send me a interims release. In this release works the LDAP connectors but there are many other problems.

Sorry, I think it is the best when we wait.....

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that it's not just our ASA which has the problem. I look forward to the next release to see if it will fix it.

Kind regards, Richard

sbanks2015
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

We are also having this issue, but on a newer version of the ASA and AnyConnect client.

I was wondering if you ever managed to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Stuart

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card