Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE ssl issue

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm trying to establish a SSL connection via the redundant pair of ACE modules. I try to configure everything according to the config guide, but when I'm trying to connect to the VIP ip address the ACE is sending RST packet to my PC. The same s-farm is accessible via HTTP.

Could you please let me know what is wrong ?

I'm attaching the LAB configuration from the tested context.

Could you also explain to me how should I understand the "CA Cert:" in show crypto certificate all output.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Lukas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lukas,

In your serverfarm definition you need to add the port 80 after the rserver: So:

serverfarm host S2

rserver PC4 80

inservice

By default the ACE will send the packets to the rserver with the same destination port as it received it on. So your sending packets to 443 that are in plain text rather than SSL. By setting the port explicitly you override the default behaviour.

There is an example config at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/SSL_Termination_on_the_Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_Using_an_Existing_Certificate_and_Key_in_Routed_Mode_Configuration_Example

HTH

Cathy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lukas,

In your serverfarm definition you need to add the port 80 after the rserver: So:

serverfarm host S2

rserver PC4 80

inservice

By default the ACE will send the packets to the rserver with the same destination port as it received it on. So your sending packets to 443 that are in plain text rather than SSL. By setting the port explicitly you override the default behaviour.

There is an example config at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/SSL_Termination_on_the_Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_Using_an_Existing_Certificate_and_Key_in_Routed_Mode_Configuration_Example

HTH

Cathy

Hello

Thank you. It helps :)

Regards

Lukas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: