cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure ccme for external fxs ports

sal_jam82
Level 1
Level 1

i need to connect my analog phone's with ccme but i havn't fxs card on ccme or analog gateway like VG224 i have Quintum AFG to provide interface for analog phone, can anyone help me out how i can do this .........

10 Replies 10

If it's H323 look up H323 gateways on CME.

If it's SIP look up SIP gateways on CME.

If it's MGCP, it won't happen.

If it has an ethernet interface, it has to use some IP protocol. You need to find out what it is.

-nick

i will try and let you know but i need to make 1 thing clear that i m not using Quintum AFG for PSTN calling, i have FXO card to terminate trunks on CCME, i am using Quintum AFG just to connect analog phone with CCME

Topology:

analog phone--(AFG)----??????----CME---FXO--PSTN

topology is

analog phone---(quintumAFG)--?-(ccme)(fxo)----pstn

need to know how i can register my analog phone extension on ccme in this scenario... what shud i use b/w ccme and quintum AFG ...i have fxo card for pstn trunks on ccme .......hope u understand me

I understand. The problem is you need to figure out what the ? is. That's a protocol, and I can't really help until we know what that is. You need to figure out how this thing interfaces with the router.

well okey nic, i m trying to connect my ccme with Tenor quintum AFG by using sip protocol but i only define SIP ua in quintum and i define SIP trunk in ccme but dunu work now i m wondering that is that possible that can i define ccme router (2801) as sip proxy ????

does it need to register? if so, you'll need to configure SIP CME.

These are the base commands to get SIP CME working:

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

voice register global

mode cme

source-address 1.1.1.1 port 5060

max-dn X

max-pool X

voice register dn 1

number 1000

voice register pool 1

id mac XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

type

number 1 dn 1

username X password X

hth,

nick

well nick obviously its need to register as Tenor Quintum AFG is providing tone to my analog phone and i m trying to register my analog phone on ccme .....

analog----AFG(quintum)----sip----ccme-----pstn

here's the topology

it doesn't 'obviously' need to register. it's very possible that the device will send out invites to a 'proxy' without any type of registration or SUBSCRIBE messages. It may act as a UAS and send the INVITE.

Regardless, check my previous post on getting it to register.

-nick

thanks nick i will let u know the status after doing this practise thanks for yours co-ordination .....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: