cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IP Phone Load/Firmware

ckltd7401
Level 1
Level 1

I just have two quick questions about updating the firmware/phone load on UCCM 6.1.2. We have a 3-server UCCM cluster; 1 Pub & 2 Subs. We are using the two Subs as primary TFTP servers and the Pub as TFTP backup for all IP phones.

Question 1

Is it necessary to update each TFTP server with the new phone load before the Load Information shows updated under Device Defaults Configuration? I ask this because my Load Information on each Sub did not update after installing the newest IP phone firmware file and restarting TFTP services.

Question 2

When I attempt to install the firmware file on the Pub, I get "Error on Page" in the lower left corner of the browser just as I click the NEXT button after entering the FTP server info on the Software Installation/Upgrade page. I'm using IE7 and do not have this issue with any other UCCM servers in the cluster. Has anyone else experienced this symptom?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

The short answer to your questions 1 is Yes

The release notes for any phone release states

Installing Firmware for the Cisco Unified IP Phone (SCCP)

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone with Cisco CallManager release 3.3 or later, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_4_4/english/release/notes/79xx_844.html#wp57612

Also make sure you have the appropriate device pack.

As for question 2 sorry not seen this before have you tried re-accepting the certificate

Thanks

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

The short answer to your questions 1 is Yes

The release notes for any phone release states

Installing Firmware for the Cisco Unified IP Phone (SCCP)

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone with Cisco CallManager release 3.3 or later, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_4_4/english/release/notes/79xx_844.html#wp57612

Also make sure you have the appropriate device pack.

As for question 2 sorry not seen this before have you tried re-accepting the certificate

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for the quick responses.

I just opened a TAC for question 2. I've tried different browsers with no luck and do not have any issues upgrading any other servers within the cluster.

As for question 1, I was orginally under the impression that the Load Information firmware filename would update on each server as the newer phone load files were installed and the TFTP service was restarted...thanx for clearing that up. Once I get my issue resolved under question 2, this should get me back on the right road. Thanx again for the quick responses.

Hi, I have the same issue on your question 2 when I push NEXT button of Upgrade web page, do you know any news about this issue?

Thanks!!

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you need to manually update the TFTP installing the FW on all servers

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm having the same problem with the "error on page" message, even though I'm running UCM 6.1. How does one manually update the TFTP installation on the servers?

I'll post what I find out from TAC. Otherwise, any additional input from anyone on this "Error on Page" error would be greatly appreciated.

Per TAC, there are a couple of known bugs (CSCsr07911 & CSCsq74206) that reference the "Error on Page" symptom. I was able to restart the Tomcat Service on my UCCM server to get it working again. The other workaround is to restart the server if restarting the service doesn't work.

what command did you use to restart the tomcat services? I need to do the same thing.

It's done via command line to your subscriber and call manager. You need to use SSH for your connection.

The command should be: "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

Had the same problem. Restarting the tomcat service as shown above did the trick. Thanks.

Great!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: