Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QinQ configuration question

looking to implement QinQ to transport a customer's Vlans through the middle of our network.

I found how to define the QinQ ingress port on a switch, but what I am not seeing or understanding is how do I define which inbound trunk ports to the switch get placed into the QinQ tunnel.

From what it looks like is that all trunk ports coming into the switch gets shoved into the tunnel.

Is this correct?

Is there a way to specify which trunk interfaces get cross-connected into the tunnel?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Richard,

the configuration is link based and asymmetric:

Customer switch trunk port <--> Provider switch port (tunnel dot1q)

then on the other site the opposite

Provider switch port (tunnel dot1q)<--> Customer switch trunk port

the same external customer Vlan make the provider network to send QinQ frames between the two edge links

Also note that you cannot decide what customer vlans to tunnel: everything is transported inside the tunnel no vlan filter is supported

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html

switchport mode dot1q-tunnel

+

switchport access vlan vlan-id

(customer vlan id)

So it is configured on a port basis only the trunk connected to the port with switchport mode dot1q-tunnel is tunneled.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: