Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stable IOS router 7600 Question

Hi, I would like to know how can I do to verify if an IOS Software version is stable?

I am looking for the stable version to a router 7613 that support PPPoATM, PPPoFR, OER...

Thanks

Regards

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Leonardo,

you can use feature navigator

www.cisco.com/go/fn

that allows you also to compare two different images.

Then it is up to you to choice, you can also ask to your Cisco representative/contact an advice.

I wouldn't choice the last image but rather an high revision of the penultimate release

for example I would take an 12.2(33)SRC3 instead of a 12.2(33)SRD1 if you look for stability but this is just based on experience with routers.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your replay Giuseppe. What is the menaning of SRC, SRD, SXF and so on the image name.

Thanks

Hello Leonardo,

simply said:

SX* IOS images for switch C6500

SR* IOS images for router C7600

the first ones are more switch oriented for features and service modules

the second ones have better support of WAN modules and of features like OER.

See the thread titled "C6500 versus C7600" in this same forum the differences are well explained there.

Then within a train like SR* SRD is newer then SRC.

The last number that can appear like 3 in 12.2(33)SRC3 is the revision number.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Software "stability" can be difficult to qualify. Unsure if it's done for 7600 IOS versions, but you might check if any are noted as passing "safe harbor" testing. If some are, you might chose such a version that meets your feature needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card