Views
Helpful
Replies

spa3102 & CID

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my SPA3102 to handle CID on PSTN line. In our country the standard is ETSI FSK + V23. Everything is working fine - during a few calls or on first day. After that the 'Private caller' string is displayed on the phone, no caller id displayed on WEB information screen. If I switch off and on the device (SPA3102), the CID is displayed again during a few calls.

I use the latest firmware (5.1.10).

I hope, someone can help me.

Regards, kabelnet (Tamás Borlay)

96 Replies 96

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tamás,

This is an interesting problem. Do you have another SPA3102 that works all of the time?

Did this SPA3102 display caller id properly before you upgraded its firmware?

Regards,

Patrick

----------

HI,

No, I have only one SPA3102. PSTN - Voip - Panasonic phone. Before that I used two phones - one with PAP2, other on PSTN.

There was the same problem before upgrade. I read somewhere on Internet, that the solution (to display CID) maybe the upgrade. I think it is not true, I changed the service subscriptions when the CID started to work. I was happy, but next day I get the 'Private caller' again. Then I found the 'reset technic' to restore the normal operation of service - but it is not comfortable. I want to found any solution. It seams, that there is problem only with CID, inbound and outbound is working fine, in both direction, without reset.

But it is not easy to get support in Hungary... I get the address of this forum from cisco.hu.

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

Please do the following:

1. capture a syslog trace when caller id is working

2. capture a syslog trace when caller id is not working

3. save the SPA3102's configuration

4. send the two traces and the configuration to me at paborn at cisco.com

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patric,

Should I register as Cisco partner to download syslog server, or there is any other way to get that program? Because I am not and will not Cisco partner....

Tamás

Hi Tamás,

You can do any of the following:

1. Contact me at paborn at cisco.com and I'll send you slogsrv.exe for use on a PC
  2. Use a free syslog utility available from the Internet
  3. Use the syslog daemon available on any UNIX / LINUX computer

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

At the moment trace started there was no CID on phone. I called the SPA3102 with my mobil. The trace is trace_no_CID.txt, the status page is Linksys_SPA_Configuration_no_CID.html.

I switched off/on the device. I called it again with my mobil. The CID is displayed on phone. The trace is trace_OK.txt, the status page is Linksys_SPA_Configuration_OK.html.

I get the TP Parser error: 34 message during the trace, but it seams the server was working.

The difference, in case error:

FXO:Start CNDD
Calling:06213803497@127.0.0.1:5060
[1:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16408)
[1:0]RTP Rx Up
[0:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16410)
[0:0]RTP Rx Up
CC:Ringback
[1:0]RTP Rx Dn
AUD:Play PSTN Tone 9
IDBG:sc-0
IDBG:rs:12

AUD:Stop PSTN Tone

If OK:

FXO:Start CNDD
FXO:CNDD name=, number=06209370726
FXO:Stop CNDD
FXO:CNDD Name= Phone=06209370726

Calling:06213803497@127.0.0.1:5060
[1:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16444)
[1:0]RTP Rx Up
[0:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16446)
[0:0]RTP Rx Up
CC:Ringback
[1:0]RTP Rx Dn
AUD:Play PSTN Tone 9
AUD:Stop PSTN Tone

Thats all. I hope you can say anything. Thank your help! Regards, Tamás

Hi Patrick,

I change the description of the problem. After switch off/on the CID is displayed. I make a call with my mobil. If I hook off the phone, make a talk, and hook on the phone, then after that the CID is not displayed anymore.

Attached documents:

I saved the configuration before the 1st call and after the 1st call. The trace contains the full trace of the 1st (good) call and the 2nd (no CID) call.

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

Thanks for the information. You can send any additional to me at paborn at Cisco.com if you need.

I'll analyse the attachments and report back.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

i have bought my spa3102 around 2 years back and till date i havent been able to get callerid working on it in the UAE, i have asked this question in almost all forums, even directly to linksys and it seems no1 has the answer to it and so i let it go thinking its not compatible in UAE untill the time when one person reported hsi callerid was working ocassionally leaving the spa to the default settings of bellcore but for me it hasnt even showed once and i have tried almost all possible way to get it running but it just wont for some reason and the main issue is even linksys wont help on it to get it working.

by using callerid converters etc in between the line and the spa, then it starts to show caller id so basically the hardware doesnt have any fault but its just the callerid standard isnt compatible with the device or its just the ring pattern and the time when caller id is sent and that time the device wont detect it due to some mis config so i would really appreciate it if some1 could finally get it sorted out.

Hi Bipin,

I'll check with my colleagues to determine if they've any suggestions for me to share with you.

Please send me your config so I can analyze for anomalies.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

hi,

plz check the config along with this post.

Regards,

Bipin

Hi Bipin,

I checked with my colleagues and was informed that UAE uses the same regional settings as the UK.

I opened up the SPA9000 Setup Wizard's UK.xml file and compared to your config and see that they are significantly different.

Please try the following changes to see if your caller id performance improves:

Voice tab > Regional tab > Miscellaneous:

FXS Port Impedance: 270+750||150nF

FXS Port Input Gain: -3

FXS Output Gain:  -3

Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)

Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

i tried, doesnt work and i think the PSTN port impedance is 600 and the FXS port impedance doesnt matter much, the calelr id method and standard u told me, i tried it, doesnt work at all, actually i have tried any and every combination of the things in both the lists but it just doesnt work so i assumed mayb its just not compatible but all of my dialup modem detect it very easily.

i even tried getting a universal caller id converter and it used to convert from existing to DTMF which spa3102 could detect easily but it never told me what was the actual standard used in the PSTN which still remains a mystery.

r there any test tools to detect the caller id standard on the line using the modem or any other hardware?

Hi Bipin,

The impedance is important for proper caller id decoding. Please contact the provider of your PSTN line and ask them what standard they follow when delivering caller id. Better yet, locate their technical resources on the Internet and locate the caller id specification. Once identified, the SPA3102 can be appropriately configured.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: