cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for Cisco 2501 for Frame Relay

skapter
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ancient Cisco 2501 with a serial connection to an Adtran T1 CSU/DSU for Frame Relay to a 3rd party.

I need a -very- basic replacement for the 2501 that will support NAT on the Serial Interface (new Frame Relay to my 3rd party requires it and my old 2501 is on ver. 11.xx-basic IP).

Unfortunately, IOS 12.xx does exist for my 2501 but I can not get it without Smartnet and Cisco is not selling Smartnet for the 2501 anymore.

Which current Cisco product will support a fractional T1 Frame Relay for the lowest investment? Only need it for 1 year.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recommend getting the 1841 with HWIC-1T.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks to me like the smallest current router that supports fractional T1 would be the 1841 router with an optional card for the serial interface. You probably could find a 1721 which would do what you need for a lower price. But it is no longer a current product from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recommend getting the 1841 with HWIC-1T.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks to me like the smallest current router that supports fractional T1 would be the 1841 router with an optional card for the serial interface. You probably could find a 1721 which would do what you need for a lower price. But it is no longer a current product from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thx for your replies. I will pursue the 1841 as a solution

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card