cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EVM-HD-8FXS/DID

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

i have cisco 2821 with EVM-HD-8FXS/DID. I have a daughter card EM-HAD-8FXS-VO1.

Now I m woundering how to connect analog devices with this card.

During the search i found that i need to order BlackBox JPM2194A patch panel. But what will be port type on this patch panel. Will the normal Patch panel will work or i need to order only this specific part number.

TO my understanding normal RJ-11 cable configuration on patch panel will be enough but what will be cable type from patch panel to router module EVM-HD-8FXS/DID. It has a big connector.

Please let me know how to connect patch panel with this module through which connector and which cables.

Secondly from patch panel to the analog phone on the user desk which cable need to be used RJ-11 ????????????

Waiting for the reply.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wasim,

Connecting Cisco High-Density Extension Modules to the Network

The "big" connector requires a RJ21 (Amphenol) cable - ***Make sure you order the RJ21 with a "MALE" connector***

The Cisco high-density extension module is connected to a distribution frame or patch panel with an RJ-21 cable.** RJ-21 cables are not provided with the network module.

Here are the parts you would need to connect to a 24 port rack mounted Patch Panel (without needing to terminate the cable with Bix or 110 connecting tools). You don't have to use the BlackBox JPM2194A but it does lay everything out nicely for you.

Cisco RJ21 Cables

http://www.stonewallcable.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=102&pf%5Fid=SC%2D9754

24 Port with RJ21 Male

http://www.cablingsys.com/iteminfo.asp?productcode=017-224M62U

These are just examples :) I have not checked pricing $$

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply, in short

I need to order JPM2194A with RJ-21 Male connector.

Male connector connect with Router Module and one end will terminate on patch panel JPM2194A.

Analog phone or fax with RJ-11 cable will connect with this black box JPM2194A.

Am i right. if i want to connect 16 phones i need to order 32 RJ-11 cables. one from user desk to wall outlet and one for outlet to the patch panel.

Please correct if i m wrong.

Hi Wasim,

If the cables that feed the "users" wall outlets feed back to a Patch panel (perhaps on a Rack) then, yes, you would require 32 RJ11 cables. You may want to get some longer lengths for the User end to feed properly around desks or cubicles. At the Patch panel end you may want quite short RJ11 cables to go from Patch (from FXS) to Patch (from User end) to keep things neat and tidy :)

If the cables that feed the "users" wall outlets do not feed back to a Patch panel let us know how they terminate and we can figure out a solution for that deployment.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dears,

As per the below Cisco Site:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/digital-ccs/64811-isdn-tdm-switch.html

A male-to-female 50-way cable connects the EVM ports to the patch panel (Blackbox).

Hope this helps.

Sabine Mattar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: