cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration assistant on Ubuntu 9.04

Kjetil Fleten
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone managed to install CCA on Ubuntu 9.04 ?

I have tried with wine, but installation stops with: "The installer is unable to run in graphical mode"

Output from the terminal console:

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW (null),0,0x7cea0eac,0x00000000), stub!

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x7cea0eac,0x00000000), stub!

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x7ceb1e6c,0x00000000), stub!

fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8202 (SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE)

fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8204 (SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGCONTRAST)

fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255

err:ole:CoUninitialize Mismatched CoUninitialize

Any ideas how solve this ?

5 Replies 5

greg.washburn
Level 1
Level 1

How about a slightly different approach.

I've seen wine-reviews.net show screenshots of IE 7 running on Ubuntu 8.04. Not that it would work but if it did would it be acceptable to run the web agent within the browser and use it instead of the actual .exe agent?

Interesting thought...

How do I start the web agent ? By browsing the IP adres of the UC500 that acts as gateway ? That web-interface is very limited.

I have found this information on CCA :

Q. Can Cisco Configuration Assistant function under any other operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Mac OS)?

A. Yes, CCA can be used with virtualization software on a Mac.Please refer to the CCA data sheet for details.

Does anyone know how to find a pre-built virtual CCA image ?

Or if nobody have a prebuilt virtual CCA image; can anybody tell how or were to find instructions to build such a image from the CCA I have installed on my Vista ?

It works with Ubuntu 10.04 and wine-1.1.42