Views
Helpful
Replies

migration unity 4.x to CUC 7.x with COB RAS tool

nicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I must to do a migration from unity 4.x to CUC 7.x using Cobras tool and regarding that I have few questions.

1/ Is what I need to use "Export For Unity 4.x/5.x/7.x (Exchange) tool to export the data from unity 4.x ?

2/ where do you install this tool, directly on unity server 4.x ?

3/ Is what I need to use "Import for Connection 7.0(x)" tool to import the data to the CUC 7.x?

4/ where do you install this tool, on the same unity server 4.x or on external server/workstation ?

5/ It's necessary to install the .NET 2.0 and the Informix ODBC Drivers to import the data to CUC 7.x?

6/ where to you install these drivers ?

Many thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

--

Christophe/

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. anywhere you want - any Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003 install that can connect to your Connection server is fine.

5. yes.

6. on the server you're running COBRAS import from.

Hello

thks for your reply.

COBRAS is that recovers passwords and PIN Codes for voice mails? and is that the greetings messages of users Unity are recovered as well?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--

Christophe/

yes on both counts.

All your questions are covered in the COBRAS help file by the way - if you haven't already I'd strongly recommend reviewing the help and training videos for the tool on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

it's a very powerful and complex tool - good to take some time and review the process if you can spare it.

Many thanks.

COBRAS recovered too the license files fom the unity 4.x it's not mentioned in the document file.

Also, do you have another links to download the training videos, because it's impossible to download any videaos.

thanks

Regards,

--

Christophe/

no - you can't move licenses between servers - you have to have an installed and running Unity or Connection server flying (meaning licenses applied as well) prior to doing the import.

Make sure you have passive FTP enabled - I just checked the links and they all work fine. You can use an FTP client (i.e. FileZilla or CUTE) to get at them. those links are FTP redirects.

the only best way it's to open a tac case to convert the current unity 4.x license files to CUC 7.x ?

Thanks

--

Christophe

I know you need a new license issued - different product (different license structure) and it's tied to the MAC - not sure if going through TAC is how that's supposed to be done or not (I'd think so) - I'm just an engineering flunky, I don't have access to such things...

kepimlot
Level 1
Level 1

This attachmemt is from the COBRAS training from the Field Trainers.

Please email me when you get a chance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: