caller quality on spa9000 and UK regional settings

Unanswered Question

Hi

I have a strange situation in that during a call if the the 1st party is talking, and the 2nd party tries to talk at the same time (I know very bad mannered) - they cannot be heard. It seems that both parties cannot talk at the same time.. I understand this might be silence supression that is causing this ? But do not know where this setting might be (SPA9000 or each phone) and if this really is the culprit.

Also as I am based in the UK is there a definitive set of default values for the SPA9000 for regional / caller ID settings ?

Many thanks

Marc

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Wed, 04/29/2009 - 05:45

Dear Marc;

I would need a bit more information about the environment where this is happening.

- Which phone models are involved?

- Are you using speakerphone? This is pretty common on speakerphone mode.

- Which firmware are you using?

- Could you please attach the configuration of one of these phones? To do this please follow the instructions below.

/docs/DOC-9933

With regards of the settings for UK, yes, there are the final settings available and attached. Just replace the existing UK file on the wizard (version 2.1).

regards;
Alberto

Attachment: 
Alberto Montilla Mon, 05/04/2009 - 03:12

Dear Marc;

I've escalated this issue. I suspect this is normal operation in the SPA9X1 phone family, but will reconfirm with my colleagues. As soon as I get a response I'll let you know.

Regards;
Alberto

Actions

This Discussion