Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this possible???

have callmanager 7 with 2821 router with an fxo line and MGCP protocol

Can I configure mobility so that when I call from an Ip phone to a particular ip phone the callmanager will simutaniouslly ring my mobile phone also through the fxo line

If not any other options???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unified Mobility is not supported on FXO ports.

From the UCM SRND: "Mobile Connect is supported only with PRI PSTN connections. T1 or E1-CAS, FXO, FXS, and BRI PSTN connections are not supported. This PRI requirement is based on the fact that Cisco Unified CM must receive answer and disconnect indication from the PSTN in order to ensure full feature support. Answer indication is needed in order for Cisco Unified CM to stop ringing the desk phone and other remote destinations when a Mobile Connect call is answered at a particular remote destination. In addition, answer indication is required in order to support the single enterprise voicemail box feature. Finally, disconnect indication is required for desk phone pickup. A PRI PSTN connection will always provide answer or disconnect indication."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1043943

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Yes, that is what Mobility is designed to do. Although, in practice, the mobile phone starts ringing 3-6 seconds after the IP phone does, depending on the mobile provider.

Do you want to restrict the shared ring to the mobile phone to only calls from the one IP phone? That is also possible, but requires a little more configuration.

can you help me to configure this one

note:

I have only one fxo line with mgcp protocol

when from an ipphone of no: 1100 calls to 1010 it will simultaneously ringing both ipphone and mobile phone through that fxo port

OK, first is this FXO line dedicated for this purpose or is this also your PSTN connection?

Second, I only have access to CUCM 6, so there may be differences between 6 and 7.

Next, refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

Table 13-4 is a good checklist. The specific feature that you want is Mobile Connect, so you can skip the parts concerning Mobile Voice Access if you want (although Mobile Voice Access provides a very nice method of turning Mobile Connect on and off).

Check that out and let us know if you have questions.

This is a lab set up

i am going through the document...

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

That is what mobility does.

Go to the user and under Mobility Information, check enable mobility, select the mac address of your physical phone.

The easiest way to build it is to go to the phone, then in the drop down box on the right corner, select Copy to Remote Destination Profile.

Change the name of the new device.

Set the user ID.

Make sure the lines came over.

For the rerouting calling search space, put in the search space you want to use for going out to the PSTN to call your cell phone.

Click add a new remote destination. For the destination number, put in your cell (remember to put in any prefix's you need to dial out).

Select mobile phone and enable mobile connect.

After you save it, check the checkbox for the line you want mobile connect to work on.

Also, the delay before ringing number is how long your physical phone will ring before it will send it out to your cell phone.

Please rate if this helps. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

dear all,

Now my phone is ringing along with the ipphone..but when I pick up mobile it doesnt stop the ipphone ringing nor the call is getting connected

ie call is comming,but no session is establishing...

ANY suggestions???\

(Is it because of MGCP)when I call directlly to my mobile it is working fine also

No, it's not due to MGCP, at least I don't think so. I think the issue is that it's an FXO port. I don't think there is answer supervision on an FXO port, at least not by default, so there is no way for the gateway to know if you have answered. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Try looking at this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t2/feature/guide/ft_ansds.html

A lot depends on what type of FXO line you are dealing with.

Unified Mobility is not supported on FXO ports.

From the UCM SRND: "Mobile Connect is supported only with PRI PSTN connections. T1 or E1-CAS, FXO, FXS, and BRI PSTN connections are not supported. This PRI requirement is based on the fact that Cisco Unified CM must receive answer and disconnect indication from the PSTN in order to ensure full feature support. Answer indication is needed in order for Cisco Unified CM to stop ringing the desk phone and other remote destinations when a Mobile Connect call is answered at a particular remote destination. In addition, answer indication is required in order to support the single enterprise voicemail box feature. Finally, disconnect indication is required for desk phone pickup. A PRI PSTN connection will always provide answer or disconnect indication."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1043943

Thanks

I can able to call my mobile...but after picking up mobile the ringing of ip phone not stopping.....

ANY ONE CONFIGURED FOR FXO BEFORE>>>WHAT ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: