Views
Helpful
Replies

New to gatekeeper-controlled trunks

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am setting up two sites; one is with CUCM, the other with CME. The CME site is able to register to a gatekeeper and so is CUCM. When a phone at the CME site dials an extension at the CUCM site, it works fine. When I place the extensions at the CUCM site in a partition, assign the gk-controlled trunk at the CUCM site a CSS for inbound calls with access to that partition it stops working (I get a message that the call can not be completed as dialed.) It acts as though the gk-controlled trunk does not have access to the extension.

If I just change the extension at the CUCM site by moving it to the default partition, it works fine and can be dialed. I've created new CSS and partitions, same problem. The phones with the CUCM site are assigned the same CSS as the gatekeeper but they seem to work fine when they dial each other. Is there anything I should be looking for on the gk-trunk?

5 Replies 5

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Did you reset the gatekeeper on the CM side after you changed the CSS? It looks like you're doing it right if the only change that breaks it is the CSS changes.

I believe I did, but I'll go back and make sure.

Are you sure the call arrives on this trunk? Do you perhaps have another direct trunk to CM?

How are you directing the call to CM, I would imagin it's using tech-prefix, i.e. 1#, so make sure there is no other translation pattern for example involved in your call flow, search the dial plan for a string matching your tech-prefix.

HTH,

Chris

ivanromanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Shikamarunara,

Did you resolve your issue?

I am facing the same issue with my gatekeeper trunk.

I have tried this with the extensions from the range I do not use just in case some overlapping but with no lack. As soon as I put the extension(any of them) to the partition "none" then I can get to it via my gatekeeper trunk.

All other gateways are in the same css as the trunk and I have no problem with them!

Thanks

Ok,

I'll answer to my own question:) Yes this was driving me mad!

Did you check if you have any old testing configs in place???

From my previous testing I had h323 gateway configured (the same router as from which I tried to call) and for some reason from the gatekeeper the call was going to that h323 gateway configuration and not the trunk.

I still do not understand why this happed. But when I deleted that h323 then everything start working as expected.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: