Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT 6500 Issue

vinoth.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We are using two CAT 6506 in our network and planned to deploy the Redunancy between this two CAT and configured and HSRP

for example :

In Primary CAT

VLAN 101

interface vlan 101

IP address 10.101.1.2 255.255.255.0

Standby 1 IP 10.101.1.1

standby 1 priority 110

no shut

In Sec CAT :

VLAN 101

interface vlan 101

IP address 10.101.1.3 255.255.255.0

Standby 1 IP 10.101.1.1

no shut

Now i have enbled one port to the corresponding VLAN 101 in both the CAT and connected to the downstream switch

what happens is iam not able to connect or ping to the Standby IP 10.101.1.1 if i remove any one of the cable connecting to the downstream switch i am able to ping

i am not sure what might be the issue may be because of STP since two cable are connnected to downstream switch

can any one help me on this

Thnaks

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you able to ping the physical IPs when you are unable to ping the standby IP?

Where are you pinging from? From a device connected to the downstream switch or from a device connected to one of the Cat6k switch?

Are you able to ping the standby IP from the switch itself when the problem occurs?

___

Edison.

Hi,

I am trying from the PC connected to the Downstraem switch

iam Not able to ping the Physical as well as standby IP when two cables from both CAT is connected

in the PRI CAT when i issue the command sh standby its is not showing the secondary cat IP

can i know which is best option to achieve redunancy in this snerios

So the problem is not due to the HSRP configuration but you are having a Vlan101 issue.

Make sure the downstream switch also has Vlan101 on its database and the inter-switch link (assuming it is a trunk) is also carrying Vlan101 in the forwarding state.

If you post configs, we may able to help a lot faster.

As for best option for redundancy, HSRP is a solid solution.

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card