cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Unity 4.0.5 to 5.0.1 on a new server

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading a Unity 4.0.5 to 5.0.1 but as it will be on a new server I will essentially be doing a new install. I have the 5.0.1 upgrade licence but my Unity 5.0 DVD set has been provided without a PAK code. Is this going to be a problem or will the default licence for Unity 5 be enough for me to install the upgrade licence, or am I going to have to get the original Unity 4 licence re-issued to the new servers MAC address? And if this is the case I presume Unity 5 will accept the Unity 4 licence?

Any help or heads up in this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to send an email to licensing@cisco.com with the .lic files from the old Unity server. Request to "rehome" to the new server. They should recreate the .lic files with the new MAC address. (of course give them the new mac address.

You can still install Unity 5.01 with the DVDs and use the default license for now. At least get it up and running. Then add in the 4.x licenses, then add in the 5.x upgrade license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: