Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA WebVPN and LDAP autentication

jonathanaxford
Level 3
Level 3

Hih All,

I have recently aqquired a Cisco ASA device with the intention of setting up a CLientless SSL VPN Portal.

My question is, can i control who has access to which portal page via LDAP Group membership?

For now, we have a staff portal at device.domain.com/staff

a computing portal at device.domain.com/computing

I would like to only permit members of the Staff group access to the staff portal and only memeber of computing to the computing portal.

I have LDAP authentication working ok for both profiles and i applied LDAP Attribute Maps that mapped the memberOf attribute to the IETF-Radius-Class attribute on the ASA, but i am not sure i am doing it correctly!

Any help much appreciated,

Many thanks

Jonathan

2 Replies 2

Hi JG,

I did go through that link initially. As far as i understand it, that works by applying a specific grou policy to an AD group, but id didn't seem to stop otehr groups from being able to access that profile too.

What i ended up doing is defining a separate AAA Server group for both the staff and computing profiles and changing the BASE DN in the LDAP lookup to be the Staff and Computing OU's respectively, That way, if a user is not in the Staff OU in AD, they cannot authenticate against that profile,

Thanks for you help,

JOnathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: