Question regarding upgrade of UC520

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2009
User Badges:

I have a UC520 in place currently.  I'll go ahead and warn you now, I'm not a guru on this device!  Anyway, I need to upgrade the firmware/IOS, etc and have downloaded the UC520-7.0.2 files from the site.  I didn't see any readme or documentation in the download and was wondering if anyone could guide me as to what needs to be installed from this big .zip file.  I can't imagine everything gets installed and it looks like there are several files listed by which model of UC520 you're using.  Also, there's a folder there with CUE files, so I assume I'm updating CUE as well.  Which should be done first, or does it matter?  I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't anything included as a reference in that download!

Any help/tips/pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Skyler Spence Wed, 04/29/2009 - 08:55
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

The easiest way of upgrading the UC500 is using CCA.  In the CCA menu, you will navigate to the Maintenance tab (located on the left) and select Software Upgrade.  On the window that pops up, select your UC500 device by clicking on that line, and then click the Upgrade Settings button.  A new window pops up.  Next to Software, you have the option of selecting 'All', 'IOS', or 'CUE'.  I suggest this time selecting the 'All' radio button.  Next to Image File, click the Browse button and find and choose the zip file that you downloaded from our site.  Select the Auto Disk Cleanup checkbox and click OK.  On the Software Upgrade page, click Upgrade.  Depending on what software pack you are currently using, you may be prompted with a message that the new version of CUE matches your current.  If you get this message, it is ok to skip the CUE installation.  Let us know if you have any problems following these steps.

Actions

This Discussion