Views
Helpful
Replies

Skills based routing question

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

hello folks

when the competence level is the same for all of the agents, the call routing is longest idle? is there a way to configure this?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As Chris said, it chooses Longest Available within the same competency rating.

If you want it to select agents in a linear fashion when multiple are available for the same period of time you would need to give one a higher rating than the other.

Agent A (5) - Available: 1 min

Agent B (5) - Available: 2 min

Agent C (5) - Available: 5 min

Agent D (4) - Available: 5 min

In this case, it would choose:

Agent C, B, and A based on longest available within the rating. It would then proceed to D because D has a lower rating.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

I found them

thanks

* Longest Available: selects the agent who has been in the available state for the longest amount of time

* Most Handled Contacts: Selects the agent who has answered the most handled calls

* Shortest Average Handle Time: Selects the agent who generally spends the least amout of time talking to customers

* Most Skilled: selects the agent with the highest total competency leven and who has been available for the longest amount of time.

* Most Skilled by Order: Used for expert agent call distribution, selects the agent with the highest total competency leven in the ordered list

* Most skilled by weight: Selects the agent with the highest total competency level multiplied by the skill's associated weight

* Least Skilled: Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level and who has been available for the longest amount of time.

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

I see what you're saying. So if it is set up for skills based routing and there is a tie, say two people with the same skill, how does it choose between the two? I'm not sure, but my guess is that you cannot configure this.

Correct, if there are two agents with the same competancy level the longest idle algorithm is used to select between the two agents.

HTH,

Chris

As Chris said, it chooses Longest Available within the same competency rating.

If you want it to select agents in a linear fashion when multiple are available for the same period of time you would need to give one a higher rating than the other.

Agent A (5) - Available: 1 min

Agent B (5) - Available: 2 min

Agent C (5) - Available: 5 min

Agent D (4) - Available: 5 min

In this case, it would choose:

Agent C, B, and A based on longest available within the rating. It would then proceed to D because D has a lower rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: