cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity port call distribution

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking on my Unity 7.0(2.0) server and cannot find the setting to change the distribution of calls presented to Unity ports. Right now when I run the Call Distribution Report it shows calls that came in, and most are on port 1, some on port 2, fewer yet on 3 and 4 then thats about it except for the MWI/notification ports near the bottom of the port count (we have 32 total). It appears like its a top down setting, is there a way to set for a longest-idle selection?

TIA.

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is governed by the phone system. I'm guessing you're using CUCM? If so, the distribution algorithm can be changed from Top Down to any other option there on the line group.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Brad - I looked on CUCM6.1.2 and didn't see where you would set the distribution algorithm (vmail pilot & CTI RP's). Thanks for helping.

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Just curious as to why the CUC port usage is an issue? You can specify which ports you want to do which actions if you'd like. Here is the admin guide:

This only controls the outbound from CUC to CM. You have to edit the line group on CM to edit the inbound.

http://www.cisco.or.at/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx.html

Please rate if this helps.

I was just trying to see if the ports are working properly without finding out when it was too late (in an emergency situation). Thanks for helping.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the way TSP works and integration needs to be is that way

incoming calls try lower ports that are available to take the call 1, 2, 3, ... N, N is last port that can take incoming calls

outgoing calls use ports in reverse order N, N-1, N-2 til last port enabled for outbound

there is absolutely no concerns on calls always being received on first few ports

since TSP 8.X it has been this way

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OK, thanks for that info. I was just wondering if it works that way and we have 32 ports how can we tell if port 10-28 are working properly if they don't get much usage; (ie: the ports in the middle or not frequently used ports).

Thanks as always for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: