cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS Quick guide?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im trying to figure out the basics for TAPS. I have my CUCM server setup. I have my IPcc setup.

CUCM 7.01

UCCX 7.01

UCCX CTI port is registered.

I loaded the TAPS app from the CUCM on the UCCX server

Now, Im trying to figure out the next steps here. I checked out the doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_1_1/t15taps.html

but it does not give me the UCCX configs I need to set this up? or do I need to do anything else

I know I have to create the dummy macs and lines, etc in cucm. My main concern is how the pilot number works into UCCX. So when the phone auto registers, I pick it up, dial the UCCX server and the script starts, I punch in the extension, the phone then reboots with the correct ext, etc.

Right?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Next you need to load the TAPS AAR files under Applications --> AAR Management in UCCX this will create the application along with loading the script and prompts into UCCX. Next you add a trigger to the application.

On CM for auto-registered phones you simply enable PLAR feature where the CSS applied to the device pool used for auto registration points to a blank TP that translates the blank extension to the cti route point pointing to TAPS.

As for the phones, you import then the same way you do this normally except you check th e"dummy MAC" box in the template and do not assign mac addresses to the phones.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Next you need to load the TAPS AAR files under Applications --> AAR Management in UCCX this will create the application along with loading the script and prompts into UCCX. Next you add a trigger to the application.

On CM for auto-registered phones you simply enable PLAR feature where the CSS applied to the device pool used for auto registration points to a blank TP that translates the blank extension to the cti route point pointing to TAPS.

As for the phones, you import then the same way you do this normally except you check th e"dummy MAC" box in the template and do not assign mac addresses to the phones.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris, exactly what I needed. I got it to work using MS Virtual Machine! Hopefully my "portable" TAPS machine will work for our deployments.

It will be just fine, I run it in vmware in environments without CRS.

Chris

Ok, here I thought I had it....

My phone auto registered with 1000

I then dialed TAPS

TAPS answered

Press 1 for english

entered in 6000 for extension I built.

I get an error.

In CUCM I have x6000 built. I did not build a dummy MAC, or do I need to this anyways?

Correct, the device needed to be imported with dummy MAC so that the device name begins as BAT instead of SEP, I belive there is a service parameter that may let you TAPS in devices with SEP prefix, but I do not recall what it was and I never used it.

The idea behind TAPS is that you do not need to worry about the MAC, hence you import the devices with dummy MACs.

I would re-import the devices with dummy MAC.

Chris

ahh.. ok. so if I create a device called BAT then associated the device with the line, then it should probably work.

I'll give that a shot

There is no way to modify the prefix, it appends it during the import. So, normal imports will use SEP and TAPS imports will use BAT.

Chris

On the import, im confused about fields I need to have filled in.

Do I fill in

MAC Address Description Location ,LINE, etc?

And for the MAC address is the format the actually address or is in BAT123234443

Thanks for your help chris!

Use the Bat.xlt template and check the "Dummy MAC address" box, complete all other fields as you would for normal import. When you generate the BAT file, the MAC column will be blank, but when you go to import the phones in CM you will select the "Create Dummy MAC Address (For CTI Port, Create Dummy Device Name)" checkbox. This way CM will know to generate the appropriate device name.

Chris

I was trying to use a csv file and cant seem to make it work. Keeps flagging me for a mac address even though I left it blank.

What version of CM are you doing this on?

Did you check the dummy MAC checkbox on the spreadsheet?

Chris

Im an ID-10-T. I forgot to build the line off the phone template for import.... bah!

I will have to try tomorrow the TAPS to see if it works then. (should now that the device is built)

cheers