Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 PFC3/QOS - Policer when doing ports are set vlan-based qos

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

6500 - sup32- version 12.2(33)SXH

Does the policer is done over the vlan aggregated traffic or it will be compute over the traffic coming in from individual vlan member port ?

12 Replies 12

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have a 6509 aith 8x48 ports. I was thinking putting a service-policy by port to rate limit and mark the trafic.

After 112 ports where the policy are applied, I reached 1022 aggregated policy used (sh platform hardware capacity qos)!! Starting at port 3/17 I have a message saying Counter not installed ... when I do a show policy-map interface

I thought that Vlan-based QOS could help but microflow policer capacity is less so I don't know ?

We ran into that issue on a recent customer deployment. The problem is that each policy applied to a port will use an agg-id and the hardware limit is 1023.

I covered that scenario on this thread http://tinyurl.com/c6j73c

HTH,

__

Edison.

Ok that my problem, so if I do microflow Vlan-Based QOS - I should be able to simulate the port policer without that agg-id problem ??

It seem that Vlan-Based QOS does not use AGG-ID like Port-Based QOS do ?

Correct.

I have implemented vlan-based QOS putting Microflow policer on vlan.

I am able to remark (dscp) the traffic with the policer command, but I have no statistics from the command sh policy-map interface vlan and

worst then that no packet are being drop !

Have any ideas ?

You are dealing with switches, so you need to use show mls qos ip command for output.

__

Edison.

Does this tell you microflow policing is acting ok (check the attach file)?

Note : When I was doing policer without microflow the command sh policy-map interface was giving the statistics !

show mls ip detail will help you on the microflow policing information.

This URL describes troubleshooting QoS policing in the Cat6k

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801c8c4b.shtml

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for all the answers - it is coming good for me

I have activate Netflow to see the stats.

I am using a policer on ip-src-only. From the doc it seem that we can have 64000 flow by policer.

I suppose that the Netflow table size will limit the number total of flows. have you an idea of how the Netflow table can get ?

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

Attach file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card