Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer failure on CME

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pro,

My CME4.1 has been working for over a year. Recently, for only one of the DN's, when an external call is transfered, the caller hears a short MOH and nothing. The call still shows connected at the caller end. The transfer-to DN won't ring. Internal call transfer on this DN is fine. Other DN's do not have this issue. This DN is running on 2 ephones. I tried both full consult and blind transfer, all failed. Any troubleshooting advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Larry

5 Replies 5

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Updates:

debug ccsip all shows the failed transfer is that when transfer button is pressed, a SIP INVITE is sent to the caller; while the successful transfer in this same router shows a SIP UPDATE message is sent. Any ideas?

debug logs are attached.

Thanks.

Hi Larry,

It looks like the possible difference between a consultative transfer and a blind transfer. Blind transfer will update the caller ID, and consultative will put the call on hold.

You can see in the SDP that a=sendonly, which refers to a hold situation.

-nick

Hi Nick,

The problem was solved by upgrading the IOS. It was c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin; It is now c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T9.bin.

Thanks.

CiscoSeinajoki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Sorry, I do not have any answer, but I want to tell that I have the same problem. We have CUCM6.1 with extension mobility in use and there are two DN:s which can't get external calls. Internal calls are ok.

The thing is that this thread is about CME, not CCM.