Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer failure on CME

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pro,

My CME4.1 has been working for over a year. Recently, for only one of the DN's, when an external call is transfered, the caller hears a short MOH and nothing. The call still shows connected at the caller end. The transfer-to DN won't ring. Internal call transfer on this DN is fine. Other DN's do not have this issue. This DN is running on 2 ephones. I tried both full consult and blind transfer, all failed. Any troubleshooting advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Larry

5 Replies 5

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Updates:

debug ccsip all shows the failed transfer is that when transfer button is pressed, a SIP INVITE is sent to the caller; while the successful transfer in this same router shows a SIP UPDATE message is sent. Any ideas?

debug logs are attached.

Thanks.

Hi Larry,

It looks like the possible difference between a consultative transfer and a blind transfer. Blind transfer will update the caller ID, and consultative will put the call on hold.

You can see in the SDP that a=sendonly, which refers to a hold situation.

-nick

Hi Nick,

The problem was solved by upgrading the IOS. It was c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin; It is now c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T9.bin.

Thanks.

CiscoSeinajoki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Sorry, I do not have any answer, but I want to tell that I have the same problem. We have CUCM6.1 with extension mobility in use and there are two DN:s which can't get external calls. Internal calls are ok.

The thing is that this thread is about CME, not CCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: