CCIE SP in 21 days

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2009

Hi,

I wish to know whether is it workable to complete CCIE SP written and lab exam in 21 days inclusive of travelling time?

I am asking this question because I have found a tuition centre in Guangzhou, China that offer 14 days bootcamp focusing both on written and lab exam. The first 2 days will be focusing on writtem exam with the actual exam itself and the rest will discuss on lab exam. So, I thought immediately after bootcamp, I take a flight to Beijing and attempt my lab exam there.

So, I wish to know whether is it possible or workable as in Cisco website, I might need to wait for 10 days after written exam in order to be able to schedule for lab exam.

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
steve_steele Wed, 04/29/2009 - 20:06

I've heard of people doing it in a couple of months but those people have come straight out of CCIE R&S.

If i was you i'd look at Internetwork Experts workbook and a mixture of rack time and dynamips for lab practice.

Regards

Steve

mohdfitri82 Wed, 04/29/2009 - 20:19

Yes, it will the best if I could take more time to practise but it just that I am too lazy. I am pretty sure that I will not open back the book or workbook after bootcamp. As time goes by, I will lose my self-confidence and forget what being studied in bootcamp. So, that is why I think goes straight to attempt will be a good choice but with high risk of failure.

rob.huffman Thu, 04/30/2009 - 05:17

Hi Mohd,

I think 21 days would be hard to do given the restrictions show below** you won't be able to book the Lab exam until the written (passed) test score has been processed. But if the "stars align" and there are seats available you might make it :)

Lab Scheduling and Payment

**A valid passing score on a written exam is required to schedule a lab exam. Written exam scores are automatically downloaded from testing vendors, but may take up to ten days to appear in your file. You will need the identification number you used to register for the written exam, the date of your passing exam and your passing score.

Exams must be paid for at least 90 days before the scheduled lab date, or the reservation will be automatically cancelled. You will only receive one email notification reminding you to make your payment. You can verify the payment due date on an exam by logging in and viewing your Certification Status. Payment options depend on the location of the lab exam, as indicated in the table below.

Payment processing generally takes one to seven days, so be sure to initiate the process well in advance of the payment due date. All payments will be posted exactly 90 days prior to your scheduled lab date, regardless of when you initiate the process. Invoices will not be issued until the payment is processed

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/exam/index.html

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Rob

mohdfitri82 Thu, 04/30/2009 - 19:05

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. If exam must be paid for atleast 90 days before scheduled lab date, so it means that it is impossible to complete both in 21 days although if the "stars is align". Hahaha.

rob.huffman Fri, 05/01/2009 - 05:02

Hi Mohd,

Not necessarily my friend :) Don't forget about "last minute" cancellations. The truth is, that because of the "shortness" of seats in many CCIE tracks these labs dates are booked well in advance (more than 90 days out) but that doesn't mean that there are never any "last minute" seats available. This is where the alignment of the stars will come into play for your plan :)

Cheers!

Rob

jgagznos Fri, 05/01/2009 - 08:04

I'm going to be honest with you. This will be very difficult to complete in 21 days. I recommend that you take the bootcamp and then try the written test. Measure your confidence after you have passed the written test. The CCIE is not a good certification to pursue if you are not 100% committed to it.

Actions

This Discussion