Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding MIBs to HUM 1.1 Evaluation Copy

netops044
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are testing the Evaluation Copy of HUM ( Health and Utilization Manager ). When we try to load any MIB file to it, it keeps throwing an error " Please select a File for opening and not a directory". Infact we are pointing to the few Cisco MIBs only that we are interested in loaded to HUM for monitoring AS5400XM. The MIBs files ( files with extension .my ) were downloaded only from Cisco Website. Also we have placed them in the directory mentioned in the user guide which is

%NMSROOT/hum/mibmanager/mibcompiler/mibs

Not sure what went wrong, there are no dependancy files mentioned in Cisco Website for that MIB but still we have downloaded all MIBs mentioned in that URL(http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB) for CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB .

Please do guide me and let me know if I am missing something. We want to monitor E1 Usage and DSP for AS5400XM.

Also do let us know if HUM can do formulation of the values received on polling to plot a graph based on formula. Like adding up two E1 links usage or Active DSP used in any moment against the total available, etc..

Do let us know if we are missing something.

Thanks,

ramanan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I saw this error message before and perhaps the reason is the same in your case:

when the pop-up is shown point the path to the correct directory, then in the lower part of the window the files are listed, now _DOUBLE-CLICK_ on the file name, then click OK.

just clicking on the file will only highlight the filename but will not add it to the location path at the top of the window...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need the RFC1406-MIB, SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, SNMPv2-TC, CISCO-TC, and CISCO-SMI loaded in order to load the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB. Are all of these loaded?

Hi,

I have loaded SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, SNMPv2-TC, CISCO-SMI loaded in the same directory, but I was not having RFC1406-MIB and CISCO-TC. But now I load them in the directory %NMSROOT/hum/mibmanager/mibcompiler/mibs but still getting the same error message.

Thanks,

ramanan

The RFC1406-MIB requires the RFC1213-MIB, RFC1155-SMI, and RFC-1212. You need to recursively go through the IMPORTS clauses in the MIBs to make sure all of them are satisfied.

Hi,

I have copied those files as well to the same directory but still getting the same error message. The Error message we get is "Please select a File for opening and not a directory". Not sure why it should be throwing this error, when we are pointing a file only which the Server Side File Browser ( POP up that comes on clicking the option browse under Load MIBS ) lists.

Currently I have copied all the MIBs that were found under %NMSROOT/nmim/mibs as well.

Could this error message be related to wrong installation or some error in browser settings or anything else.

Thanks,

ramanan

I saw this error message before and perhaps the reason is the same in your case:

when the pop-up is shown point the path to the correct directory, then in the lower part of the window the files are listed, now _DOUBLE-CLICK_ on the file name, then click OK.

just clicking on the file will only highlight the filename but will not add it to the location path at the top of the window...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: