Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML menu and file recording

Hi there,

I'd like to create an application to use in the IP Phone that shows a menu and allows me to select an option from the menu and record that option in a text file...

Can someone send me an example of a working XML ? So I can star learning from an existing one.

Thanks.

Andrei.

6 Replies 6

Hello Dear,

Yes, you can develop such solution by integrating WIN32 and CIPS applications.

Please drop me an email when you need professional services.

Thanks & Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

That would be fairly simple. You need to use CiscoIPPhoneMenu object and some scripting to save the option in a text file. If you post details that would help.

Well, what I'd like to do is an application that makes my IP phone an eletronic ballot box...

So I'll have a menu with some options and when I select the option it would show a picture of the candidate and ask to Confirm

Then the one more vote would be recorded in a file...

That's what I want.

:)

Thanks.

Andrei.

Sounds like a simple custom application. You can have a web interface to upload candidates (picture, names, etc.) and also to retrieve polling results. Are you open for a custom application development?

What I had in mind was to have some example so I could learn from it.

Any simple example that helps me to make it functional then I could show it to other people here for a Go/NoGo in this application.

Thanks anyway.

Andrei.

We have a similar application which is for using phones to take surveys. For a demo or go/noGo, you can probably use it. Instead of survey question, you can type candidate name, description, etc. and instead of an answer (satisfied, very satisfied, not satisfied, etc.), you can use Yes/No (voting). This app also displays the results on the web browser using pie charts. This app allows you to push surveys (polls in this case) and displays the user first question (candidate). When they make a choice using soft keys, it goes to next question (candidate in your case).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: