Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of KIRK dect

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to integrate a KIRK dect system to a UC520 solution?? Any help on this issue is appreciated

Regards

Eivind

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I did some more research and it seems that older KIRK DECT systems are actually certified with CME. Not so the newer Spectralink units. I'll do some more digging. In any case, it seems KIRK has a base station that basically behaves like a 7940 doing native SCCP. I also found that it supports H.323.

Let me get back to you with the actual scope of what we do and don't.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

I also found old documentation where the interop testing was successful. However I can't find them (or Spectralink) in the list of current certified partners. This means there are limitations in terms of TAC support and some other claims. Having said that, we can try to help you with the configuration, but we can't rubberstamp it as certified, or guarantee interop. I hope you understand.

From the docs I found:

"Kirk's IP Enabled system consists of a Wireless Mobility Server also known as the CCFP, DECT phones, Base stations and most important the IP Card. The IP card sits within the WMS and communicates to CME using Skinny over TCP/IP.

It is possible to have up to eight base stations per WMS; the maximum number of DECT phones that can be used simultaneously per base station at any one time is four. The number of DECT phones that can be registered on a single Kirk IP phone is 350 users.

Kirk can support only 29 simultaneous calls as they are limited by H/W to 29 channels (26 if using Codec Cards)."

I hope this helps,

Marcos

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi Eivind,

At this point in time, UC500 does not offer native DECT support (as in a base unit), if that's what you are asking.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Hi Marcos

No, I'm asking if it's possible to integrate it :)

Regards

Eivind

Can you elaborate Eivind? "Integrate" is a tricky word...

Marcos

Marcos,

We have some customers which have deployed a DECT solutin with their existing PBX, like Ericsson, NEC or Alcatel. But if we want to sell a cisco UC520 solution to replace the older PBX we have a cost related problem due to replacement of the exiting DECT system. If there was some way to make the DECT solution work / integrate with the UC520 that would be great. I´m not very familiar with the DECT system, and that´s why I´m asking. I know that with the Alcatel and NEC platforms they have a interface card installed in the PBX which "talks" to the DECT solution. So what I´m wondering is that maybe there is like a box which can replace the interface card in the old PBX??? Replacement of a DECT solution with a wifi voice network is not an option. The cost is to high.

Regards

Eivind

I did some more research and it seems that older KIRK DECT systems are actually certified with CME. Not so the newer Spectralink units. I'll do some more digging. In any case, it seems KIRK has a base station that basically behaves like a 7940 doing native SCCP. I also found that it supports H.323.

Let me get back to you with the actual scope of what we do and don't.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks Marcos,

Any help on this is much appreciated :)

Regards

Eivind

I found this PDF which basically says that the KIRK solution is Cisco compatible:

http://www.kirktelecom.com/Reseller/KIRK%20IP%20Solutions_EU.pdf

A guide on how to set it up or if it´s also compatible with the UC520 would be great ;)

Message was edited by: Eivind Jonassen

I also found old documentation where the interop testing was successful. However I can't find them (or Spectralink) in the list of current certified partners. This means there are limitations in terms of TAC support and some other claims. Having said that, we can try to help you with the configuration, but we can't rubberstamp it as certified, or guarantee interop. I hope you understand.

From the docs I found:

"Kirk's IP Enabled system consists of a Wireless Mobility Server also known as the CCFP, DECT phones, Base stations and most important the IP Card. The IP card sits within the WMS and communicates to CME using Skinny over TCP/IP.

It is possible to have up to eight base stations per WMS; the maximum number of DECT phones that can be used simultaneously per base station at any one time is four. The number of DECT phones that can be registered on a single Kirk IP phone is 350 users.

Kirk can support only 29 simultaneous calls as they are limited by H/W to 29 channels (26 if using Codec Cards)."

I hope this helps,

Marcos

Thanks Marcos,

I'll get back to you by e-mail once we've provided a demo for our lab.

Regards

Eivind

Message was edited by: Eivind Jonassen

Hi, any news for this ticket ?

I've the same problem and before offering this solution I would like to know if anybody has a working installation witk Kirk Wireless Server 600v3

Thanks,

luigi cacco.

No updates on our side (Cisco). Maybe someone else have done this.

Luigi,

I had another partner contacted me about this, I gave him contact info to a distributor here in norway. I'll send him a mail and ask him if he can bring an update.

Thanks,

Eivind

Thanks Eivind !

Luigi,

I´ve got the reply from the other partner.

He got the solution working with a Kirk 600v3 in combination with UC520. Make sure you get the Kirk 600v3 with a SCCP license ;)

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Kirk just emulates a cisco phone so there is no problem with integration.
It is the same integration as with CUCM.

Best regards,

Jerco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: