Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF-relay problem in my

valiegenus
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

it's critical problem, i deployed new ICM script and run correctlt by it depends on the

caller entered digits ,but it seems that my gateway configuration does't pass CED athough

i configured the dialpeer with : "dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric".

this dialpeer point to SIP server,

Thanks

10 Replies 10

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

How does the gateway find a CVP server? Do you have a SIP proxy? You say "this dialpeer point to SIP server" but I am not exactly sure what you mean.

Are you sure it's not an ICM config issue? Are you using a Microapp menu or get digit VXML app? Or is this a Cisco CVP VXML (Audium) application?

Regards,

Geoff

yes i have SIP Proxy server.the call flow like followimg: Ingress gateway then SIP server then CVP then ICM.

the caller hear the welcome message and promped to enter digits ,when enter any digit ,the call released.

One more time. Is this a Microapp or a CVP VXML (Audium) application?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

i run ICM script which has Send To VRU and CED Node .so it's not VXML .

Regards

Even if you use CVP VXML applications you still need a "Send To VRU" node.

It would be a lot easier if you use the Cisco terminology - these are called Microapps.

Which microapp are you using? M or GD?

We will probably get there eventually, but why don't you provide all the details in your first post? The more information you provide, the more assistance others can be.

Regards,

Geoff

what do tou mean by "M or GD"??

i am here to discuss with you all details

thanks

You want me to provide all the details - I want you to help.

Can I refer you to pages in the CVP 7.0(2) Config Guide (July 2008)? Can you open that document and follow along?

If you have made a "Play Media (PM) Micro-Application (page 192) then pressing a key when hearing this message will drop the call, unless you configure barge-in (Configuration param) to "N" as shown on page 197. This would be the normal setting for a play media micro-app. It's what I do for these.

If you want DTMF entry then you choose either a Get Digits (GD) Micro-Application (page 207) or a Menu (M) Micro-Application (page 214) and then you can use CED to check what the caller typed.

So you can now see what I mean by "M and "GD".

If you have either of these types of micro-app, do you also have a Set node to configure user.microapp.input_type = "D" before the "Run External Script" node. If not, it will not work.

See page 211.

Regards,

Geoff

Ok, so i have 'M' microapp (for x press 1 for y press 2 and so on).

i inserted the Set node :user.microapp.input_type = "D"

but the problem remains as is

what make you sure that the problem in the script and not on the ingress gateway, the gateway may can't get the caller entered digits to bypass it forward ,or i mean maybe the problem on a component before the ICM.

i will attach the script and please see the dial peer configuration on the gateway :

dial-peer voice 30 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 620...

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.100.252.161

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

thanks and regards

>what make you sure that the problem in the script

I am not sure at all - am just checking for the the basic problems. So far so good.

I can tell you on that dial peer, you won't be using sip-notify, that's for sure.

Are you using a combined gateway?

Let me see the dial peer for the VRU transfer label. Do you also have "dtmf-relay rtp-nte" set there?

Try bypassing your proxy server - direct the session target straight to your CVP.

Regards,

Geoff

There are known issues in some SIP calls where DTMF relay needs MTP. One of them is CSCsy98123.

Not sure if this is what you have or not, but remember Hardware MTP will fail for G.729-G.729 call legs. You'll need universal transcoder available in 12.4.20t1. IOS software MTP will work as well for both G.729 call legs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: