cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get outside Dialtone for an outside caller

gmatteson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a legitimate need to allow callers to call into a callmanager from their personal home phone , get dialtone and then place calls back out to the pstn, while overwriting thier home number with the corporate main listed number and or the corporate calling name. How woudl I go about this? Call manager version is 4.1.3

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This functionality (Mobile Voice Access) can be provided by Unified MobilityManager, but requires a separate server/software when used with CCM 4.1(3). It is built in to CUCM 6.x and later. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps6567/product_data_sheet0900aecd8031a327.html

It would be possible to give dial tone without MobilityManager, but the issue would be providing authentication so that not just anyone who dials in could start making calls through your system. Might be able to do this with a TCL script.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Regarding the authentication piece, is it poissble to give dial tone, not worry about the authorization, ( this is a short term solution) with out needing a TCL script?

What type of connectivity? If PRI, for example, you can simply have an incoming dial peer without the "direct-inward-dial" command and this will give dial tone.

Brandon

for PRI, coudl we still restrict this to a specific number that must be dialed? how would that work? put an extension on the dial-peer?

Yes, if the number users will dial is 1234567890, you could have a dial peer such as:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 1234567890

Brandon

OK, how about with an MGCP gateway?

It's not going to work with MGCP.

Brandon

Thats what I figured. thanks for all the responses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: