cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort C300 incoming mail / stopped reputation filter

chmeehan0421
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to determine why a particular partner of ours is being blocked on a very small number of their totatl attempted messages in.

Out of about 1,080 attempted messages, 12 are being stopped by reputation filtering. Is there something I can view in the logs to determine exactly what those 12 messages are and why they are being blocked?

The domain of course has been added to our whitelist.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2 Replies 2

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

are the sending mail servesr of your problematic domain in the whitlisted domain? (please check the reversed DNS/PTR). whitelisting is don on the domain of the host and that is not always the same as the e-mail domain.

Steven

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

Chris

These messages could be hitting either a recipient limit or a size limit in the Mail Flow Policy. Look for log messages like:

Fri May 1 16:46:11 2009 Info: MID 6 ICID 4 Receiving Failed: Message size exceeds limit

or
Fri May 1 16:48:31 2009 Info: ICID 5 Receiving Failed: Too Many Messages

Karl Young
Cisco IronPort Product Support Engineer

I am trying to determine why a particular partner of ours is being blocked on a very small number of their totatl attempted messages in. 

Out of about 1,080 attempted messages, 12 are being stopped by reputation filtering. Is there something I can view in the logs to determine exactly what those 12 messages are and why they are being blocked?

The domain of course has been added to our whitelist.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: