cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA2 Enterprise and autonomous 1231

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I have a bunch of standalone AIR-AP1231G-A-K9 running c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEC2/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEC2 which is currently setup for guest and company ssid. The guest I don't care but for company, it goes back to a Microsoft IAS radious Certificate Authority using WEP. I want to migrate to WPA2 Enterprise without effecting the current setup so want to create some type of testing. Can I do so or do I need to blow away wavenet with WEP altogether. If so, any sample configs out there?

2 Replies 2

Since you'll have to touch all the clients in order to change your security/encryption, why not add another SSID and define it as WPA2/Enterprise and point it to the same IAS server? I'm pretty sure that IAS will support that (I know your AP's will). Try it on one AP, then configure the others, then migrate your clients (kill the old SSID when you're done).

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

Add a third SSID, configure and test as much as you like, then migrate your clients, then shut down the WEP SSID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card