cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.0 calling party transformation patterns impacting the missed calls

dubrennan
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 7.0.2 currently and am working on getting calls to display properly in the missed calls section of the IP Phones to include 91 with the 10 digit ANI. I have configured the voice gateway so the incoming calling national party prefix is 91, which does work. I read the SRND and the Features & Services manual and tried to use a transformation pattern of 91.@ to strip the predot becuase both documents state this will show properly when the call is ringing to the IP Phone (so it looks like normal 10 digit callerID to users); however, both docs also state the calling party transformation pattern will NOT affect the number in the missed call listing (so they show the 91 +10 digits so you don't need the edit dial). This is not the case - the missed calls always display on my phone's missed calls the same way the transformation makes them appear while ringing. I'm curious if anyone has had any luck getting this to work and what I might be missing.

Thanks in advance,

Duane Brennan

CCIE #15289

5 Replies 5

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

Create a translation pattern and modify the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" to be 91XXXXXXXXXX. Set the "Called Party Transform Mask" to be XXXX. So if the significant digits coming in from the gateway are 4, you would create a translation pattern of XXXX. Make it so that the gateway can only call this partition. Then set the CSS of the translation pattern to the CSS that the gateway currently has. So the call flow will be:

Calls come into the gateway. Significant digits are 4. The CSS of the gateway can only call the partition the XXXX translation pattern resides in. It matches that translation pattern of XXXX, puts the 91 in front of the 10 digit number of the caller-id. The XXXX under the "Called Party Transform Mask" allows the called party to remain the same, while the 91XXXXXXXXXX under the "Called Party Transform Mask" puts the 91 in front of the calling party. Then when they see missed calls and hit redial, it will go through.

Please rate if this helps.

This seems like the older method of using translation patterns in the CCM 4.x servers. I'm trying to use the newer 7.x features that allow the gateway itself to prefix the 91 directly to the number using the gateway's "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix". From there, according to the 7.x SRND, you can have the gateway hit a Calling Party Transformation (not translation pattern) the drops the 91, which should make the ANI on the phone show 10 digits while ringing, but display the full 91+10 digits in the missed calls. The part that doesn't work is the missed calls because the transformation seems to be what displays.

In the translation pattern method, the ringing number that displays on the phone will also show the ANI with the 91 in front while ringing the phone (I think).

Regards,

Duane

Duane,

Did you or anyone else ever figure this out? I am running into this exact same problem. The goal is to have the phone display, let's say 10 digit ANI 2125551234, but the call history would show +12125551234 in it globalized form (or 912125551234 in your case). No matter how I setup the translations and/or transformations, the phone and the missed/received call lists show the same number.

Thanks

Kevin

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

Duane,

Do you have links to the two documents you are referring to above? I have been going over a 7.0(1) features document and did not see the information about calling number normalization that you stated seeing.

The document that I am reading doesn't do a very good job of describing how this feature works with all the individual components to provide a total solution. It gives examples, but doesn't really tie it together into the whole picture. Also, Many of the examples are based on the German dialing plan. This is making it more difficult for me to piece all the information together into something that makes sense.

I have been using this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html

If you can provide the links, I will test it out and let you know what I find. I would like to get this working as well.

Thanks,

Mark

I didn't have specific step by step instructions, but had to piece it together from the SRND & another link.

I did finally get to work though - however, it is phone dependant. It will not work on IPC or the older 79X0 models. Otherwise it works fine.

Incidentally, the older 79X0 models also have problems dialing any number with a + character, so normalizing the dial plan to an international format was problematic with the hardware limitations I had.

Regardless, the links are:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/dialplan.html

Good luck...

Duane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: