Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing caller id, SPA9000

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've setup a SIP trunk on the SPA9000, but where can I define the outgoing caller id for the phones??? Every phone (or ext) shows the registered username of the sip trunk (btw, it's the customers primary phone number).

Regards

Eivind

7 Replies 7

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind,

This is highly dependant on your ITSP.

In my case, any changes to my outbound caller id that my ITSP results in outbound calls failing with "Forbidden".

With the above in mind, here's how you can modify your outbound caller id:

Refer to the SPA9000 Administration Guide's "Managing Caller ID Settings for Outgoing Calls" and the "Supporting Direct Inward Dialing to Phone Extensions" sections available at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1750

In summary here's what you do:

Assume you currently have a contact list of "41,cfwd=vm441" and want to ext41 to display a name of "Test Caller ID" with a number of nnnxxxyyyy

Edit the SPA9000's web-ui:

> Voice > Line N > Subscriber Information >

Display Name: Test Caller ID

Contact List: nnnxxxyyyy:-41,cfwd=vm441

Again, I stress that this information will in the outbound SIP local user information, but your ITSP may, (probably will) ignore your configuration and present what they choose to present on your behalf.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

I want to have several extensions with the correct number translation for outgoing calls, is that possible or am I only able to show one PSTN number for outgoing calls??? There is no limitation at the ITSP regarding manipulation of numbers.

I also tried to set up DID with ext 441 to 445 with PSTN number translation xxxxx441 to xxxxx445, I guess my config was incorrect.

My config was:

Contact List: xxxxx441:441|441, xxxxx442:442|442, xxxxx443:443|443, xxxxx444:444|444, xxxxx445:445|445

With this config the result was when I called xxxxx441 extension 441 rings. If I called xxxxx442, extension 445 rings as did all the other extension as well.

Regards

Eivind

Dear Eivind;

For outgoing mapping, all you need to do is to add "+" to the extension in the contact list, e.g. 123456441:+441

All you need to do for translation is to set all dids next to the associated extension number, e.g. 123456441:+441|123456442:+442|123456443:+443

Regards

Alberto

Hi,

Thanks, that solved it.

Regards

Eivind

Dear Eivind;

Thanks. Could you please mark the question as successfully answered so that others can benefit of it?

Regards
Alberto

Alberto,

I would, but since I forgot to check the box when I started this thread, I'm not able to mark og change this thread as a question. Maybe a moderator can make the changes???

Regards

Eivind

Unfortunately, due to software limitations, when a member creates a discussion, they have fifteen minutes from the time of posting to change it to a question (or vice versa). After that period there is no way to change it. I will investigate to see if this is something that can be changed in the future.

Thank you,

Cisco Moderation Team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: