cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic router for Multiple CME's

mhering8650
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this is probably something I should already know.

But I have a central office with a full blown CM 5.1 install and my site offices are all CME/CUE setups (we have to be able to sever an office relationship fast in some cases which is why site offices are CME instead of SRST)

My question is, is there a way to have my CM act as a call router for the sites, currently whenever we bring a new site online I have to log into each CME and add a dial peer for that sites 5 digit extension range.. With 10 CME's this gets tiresome. I wanted to know if I could create a wildcard pattern to match all unknown extensions and send them to my CM which would then know where to send the calls...

Is this possible?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,

This is most definitely possible.

What people commonly do in more extreme scenarios (100+ sites) is install a gatekeeper. If you do a little reading you'll see that is the purpose of gatekeeper and centralized dial plans.

Alternatively you can just route everything to CUCM with H323 gateways.

For each site:

-Add the H323 gateway in CUCM

-Add the route pattern for that site in CUCM pointing to the H323 gateway

-Add incoming dial peer on each gateway

-Add outgoing dial peer on each gateway

-Add PSTN connectivity and dial peers on each gateway

Dial peers would look like this:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number .

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern [1-8]....

session target ipv4:

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

description 10000-80000 DNs

dial-peer voice 3 pots

port 0/0/0:23

destination-pattern 9[2-9].........

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

description 10 digit dial with 9 access code

hth,

nick

That's exactly what I'm looking for!! We don't have extra hardware to dedicate to being a gatekeeeper so I wanted to see if I could do it with CM :)

Thanks man!!!!

No problem, glad I could help. If there aren't 4 different ways to do it, you're not thinking enough :)

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: