java.lang.NullPointerException when loading "Voice" section in CCA

Unanswered Question

We're getting this Java error when CCA loads the voice section.  It gets about 70% of the way and then stops loading and returns the above error.  The java debug console shows the following details:

java.lang.NullPointerException

                at java.util.TreeMap.compare(Unknown Source)

                at java.util.TreeMap.put(Unknown Source)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.HuntGroupTask.prepareHuntGroup(HuntGroupTask.java:1422)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.HuntGroupTask.updateMirrorFromDevice(HuntGroupTask.java:188)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:591)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDTabbedPane.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDTabbedPane.java:931)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.updateMirrorFromDevice(WDContainer.java:601)

                at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDWidget$2.run(WDWidget.java:1179)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I opened a case with TAC and they said that the above Java error doesn't really give them much info, and instead they asked me what changes had been made recently, etc.  When they found out we were running version 12.4(22)YB of the UC520 software, they basically said that they thought that was the issue because that version I guess is not fully supported yet.

BUT everything in CCA was working fine after upgrading to that version, so I really doubt that is the true cause.  We only started having this problem with CCA after we deleted some phone load files off of the flash card for phone models that we don't have on our network.

Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
andychen Fri, 05/01/2009 - 17:40

If you have configured the unit using CLI before using CCA, make sure ephone-dn that is used by ephone has both name and number configured.

Can you tell from this copy of our running config if we have this "out of band" configuration and if so, where in the config we need to modify things so that we can use CCA again?

And in regards to the previous post about using CLI prior to CCA...as far as I know this was not the case.  I am pretty sure we started out using CCA.

andychen Mon, 05/04/2009 - 18:52

Which version of CCA were you running when you experienced this issue?

1.9

And I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my first post, but we have tried CCA 1.9 running on several different PCs and still get this same error at exactly the same point during the loading of the voice section, so we know that the problem is not with any particular installation of CCA or with any particular PC.

Steven Smith Tue, 05/05/2009 - 07:28

It would be good if you could post the CCA logs.  It should have some information in there specifically about the config.

It looks like there were some out of band changes made.  Typically ephone-hunt 1 and ephone-hunt 2 have members to them.  CCA doesn't usually skip ephone numbers (if I remember correctly).  The best things you can do are to look at the out of band guide and verify it against your config (not a fun process).

andychen Tue, 05/05/2009 - 08:50

Here is what we found based on the sh run you have attached.

ephone 90 octo-line is empty.

!

ephone-dn  90  octo-line

!

!

and it is used by ephone 11:

!
ephone  11
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 001D.09C4.1747
ephone-template 5
username "jdiazremote" password 1234
mtp
type CIPC
button  1:31 2:90
!

Since ephone-dn 90 is used by ephone 11 and ephone-dn 90 does not have any number and name defined, that caused the exception.

To solve the issue, try remove the ephone-dn 90 by doing "no ephone-dn 90" from the CLI. After that, try running CCA again. Update us how it goes. Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion