cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A Cisco Intercom Product?

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

I've done some searching and just wanted to confirm. Is it safe to say that Cisco does not offer an Intercom product which intergrates with Call Manager? My boss is asking me to check. He does not want to use an IP phone with an "intercom" line but rather a small, one-button type unit for use in a vestibule. Thanks for any feedback.

Kelly

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned above CME does offer intercom and also new CUCM releases, but they're already integrated.

We do not offer a separate intercom product as you want, that is on another box and integrates with CUCM offering a little box to which you would talk.

You'll have to look for a 3rd party product that provides that with separate one-button units as you mention.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Negatory. CME intercom lines are as close as you get.

CallManager 6+ does offer Intercom feature natively now.

HTH,

Chris

As mentioned above CME does offer intercom and also new CUCM releases, but they're already integrated.

We do not offer a separate intercom product as you want, that is on another box and integrates with CUCM offering a little box to which you would talk.

You'll have to look for a 3rd party product that provides that with separate one-button units as you mention.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Many thanks for the response.

Hi Kelly,

Here is one such product made by Viking;

http://www.athq.com/customer/product.php?productid=21478

This would work well in conjunction with an ATA, FXS or VG202 port setup as a PLAR or Hotline to the desk phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

For anyone that hits this search regarding a third party intercom (outside door) and/or door strike the Viking Electronics solution works fine. They provide helpful pre-installation support and answer questions about the Viking components needed and requirements on the CPE end.

My most recent install included a third-party intercom unit from Viking.

The front door entry uses the Viking products which work with Cisco CallManager. The Cisco integration is using CallManager version 6.1.2 and one Cisco 2811 router with a FXO wic card in module slot 0, subunit 2.

The Viking units being used is the W-1000 for the outside door interface and the SRC-1 for the Relay Controller. This Viking tandem requires one FXO type phone port, which is a line card port that does NOT provide battery. The Viking unit will provide the battery to the PBX line card port (FXO).

For Cisco CallManager 6.1 integration, programming was completed as outlined;

• Review and plan your numbering scheme, Call Routing considerations

• Add CallManager H.323 gateway

• Add CallManager route plan

• Update Cisco 2811 router, enable H.323 and apply needed voice-port command and dial-peers

• Add CallManager directory numbers (DN) dedicated for door entry

• Apply the DN to the needed IP phones, update IP phone template if required

• Punch down, wire the SRC-1 port to the Cisco 2811 FXO port

• Test the Viking Entry System

Apart from the programming needed in the CallManager Administration, below is the configuration for the 2811 router with the FXO port;

The added commands to this router are shown;

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

interface FastEthernet0/0

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.10.10.61

voice-port 0/2/1

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar 3124

description ** Front Entry Door **

dial-peer voice 999021 pots

shutdown

port 0/2/1

dial-peer voice 3124 voip

description ** Front Entry Door will call 3124 in Cisco CCM Sub **

preference 1

destination-pattern 3124

session target ipv4:10.10.10.82

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 3125 voip

description ** Front Entry Door will call 3124 in Cisco CCM Pub **

preference 2

destination-pattern 3124

session target ipv4:10.10.10.81

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 3126 pots

description ** Front Entry Door is hardwired to this port **

destination-pattern 3126

port 0/2/1

gateway

timer receive-rtp 1200

Has anyone used this Viking system with an ATA instead of FXO port off a router?If so, what is the configuration for setting that up.

Yes I have with my callmanager 5 and ATA.

You need to configure your ATA with the extension you want the Viking phone to have, then plug the analog line from the ATA to the Viking unit.

Then when you receive your Viking, there's a nice booklet (or PDF online) explaining how to dial to it and when it answers, to press in a bunch of digits to enter its programming mode.

You can then program it when someone presses the button to dial any number or even other numbers if the first one doesnt answer after a set number of rings. You can call this unit too and it will answer automatically and you can have a two way conversation.

You can give me my first point if this info helps! :-)

Hi Andreas,

Nice answer here. +5 points for this very helpful addition to this thread!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: