cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP Requirements

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2811 Routers installed in 15 remote locations with (2) PVDM2-16 Chips.

Each router has (1) Four Port FXO for PSTN Calls, and (1) 4-port FXS Card for FAX and Paging Connectivity.

I calculated that (2) PVDM2-16 would be plenty. (1) PVDM2-16 can support FXO/FXS Card, and the other one I calculated to support AD-HOC/Meet Me and Meeting Place Express Calls.

On-Net Calls will be IP-IP and will not require any DSP Resources.

Just need some feedback to make sure that above configuration will work fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's correct 8 channels from 1 DSP for analog ports and the other whole DSP for conference

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's correct 8 channels from 1 DSP for analog ports and the other whole DSP for conference

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you so much for your quick response. I knew that DSP can not be shared between voice ports and conferencing that is why I decided to go with (2) DSP per routers. One for FXO/FXS Cards, and the other one between Adhoc/Meet Me and dedicated Meeting Place Conferencing Server.

Regards,

i found this in the forum to help me and keep it in my notes:

DSPs cannot be shared between voice ports and conference bridges, they can be shared between voice ports and transcoders.

Keep in mind though that 1 DSP consists of 16 PVDM channels, so 16 DSPs will theoretically provide 16x16 G711 voice calls, is that not enough for you?

Each DSP can provide 8 G711 conference bridges or 2 mixed codec conference bridges, with up to 8 participants in each session.

AFAIK 1 DSP = 4 channels

If you are using a T1 then is 24 channels hence you need 6 DSP's

8 bridges with 8 particpants x 4 = 4 DSP chip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: