show wism status

Unanswered Question
May 1st, 2009
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

I have a 6509 with 5 WiSMs. All controllers and WiSM are up and have been for many years. I happen to do a >show wism staus

To my surprise i have a few controllers showing Oper-Down. These controller are in deed up, i can ping, https, and telnet to them.

I am not getting any issues from the SUP or the controller. Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Fri, 05/01/2009 - 18:50
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Gee George, normally I'd look at your post to find answers. Never dreamed you posting a puzzle. He he he ...

Anyways ... Could be a bug, perhaps?

George Stefanick Sun, 05/03/2009 - 06:26
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

LOL... well sometimes you're a bug and other times you're the windshield! Im the bug this go around!

I have officially ended my consulting days and accepted a position for a large hospital system in Houston Tx. We have 15 wisms or so and im working my way around the system doing some discovery.

That is when i seen this.. I dont recall seeing it before. All the logs are clean ... perhaps a TAC call is due.

tdennehy Tue, 12/16/2014 - 04:30
User Badges:

Yeah, me too.  I usually go and look at his posts for answers too!

Leo Laohoo Sun, 05/03/2009 - 14:46
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Congratulations on your new endeavor!

I am suspecting that this could be a bug because if it was showing Oper-Down, then it would've been flagged.

Actions

This Discussion