cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Area codes and TEHO CUCM7 Local route Groups

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the local Route groups to make TEHO easier. The problem I am running into is that some area codes (863) for example, require a 1 for 10 digit dialing and some numbers dont. How do I get around this?

For example.

Route patterns:

91.[2-9]xxxxxxxx ---> RG 211

Strip Predot, Prefix 9.

9.[2-9]XXXXXXXX ----> RG 211

Strip Predot.

Im only sending the 10 digits because our remote site users would normally dial 9.1.863 773 9323

That way when it hits the gateway it should only send 10 digits like normal for a local call. The problem is some area codes that are suppose to be local require a 1! So how do I get around this?

Call me and I can explain more if you dont understand. I'm using Local Route Groups for my 9.@ pattern and 7 digit local dialing where i dont have a site.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Contact your phone company; they can provide you a list.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use more specific route patterns for those NPAs that require 10-digit dialing.

You can attach the route patterns to a route list that uses Local Route Groups but this is not Tail End Hop Off (TEHO). TEHO would require you put the route patterns on a route list that chooses a site-specific route group. You could add the Local Route Group as a secondary route list member for redundancy however.

Example:

Generic national route pattern; attached to a route list that uses local route group-based routing: 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

10-digit dialing route pattern; attached to a route list that uses a site-specific route group: 9.863[2-9]XXXXXX

9.1863[2-9]XXXXXX [Use transforms to strip the 1]

(Don't forget to add the 11-digit equivalent for users at other sites who would have called this NPA using normal 11-digit dialing.)

Hello,

I got you there. Basically I have this.

Site A

Site B (area code 863)

Site A typically calls 863 by dialing 1-863...then we route over to Site B's Route list...stripping the 1 since its a local call that requires 10 digits.

Now lets say theres a few 863 numbers that require a 1. How can I accomplish that?

You need to be more detail on your patterns. What mean by this is to find a phone book and look up the local calling prefixes. At this point you would include the area code and now the prefix in your pattern.. This way the the pattern that is the better match is choosen..

Thanks.

By Prefixes you mean the exchange.

ie

863.753.xxxx Requires a 1 so keep it.

863.345.xxxx Doesnt require a 1 so drop it.

Anyone know where this info is?

Contact your phone company; they can provide you a list.

Thanks man, I found some resources. Also some telcos offer EAS (extended area service)...where they bypass the requirement for a 1!

I was wondering, it seems if I make the call via a h323 Gateway Telco answers and says "You do not require a 1 to make this call" . But telco doesnt send an "Unallocated Number". I was thinking of routing it to a different RG on my Route list and stripping the one. We are using H323 with FXO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: