cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure admin access RADIUS authentication on SRW2016 switch

mawilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new SRW2016 switch.  I successfully configured a new administration VLAN, and can connect to the switch via HTTPS.  I configured

the settings for our RADIUS authentication server (a Windows 2003 Enterprise server running IAS) on the switch.  I added the account for an

administrator to the switch, and set the Authentication type to RADIUS.  I then attempted to open an https session, and

authenticated with the configured account.  The Radius server log says that the user was granted access.  The memory log on

the switch says that the connection attempt was rejected, but it cites the users password and not the users name as the

user who was rejected.

I though that perhaps the switch needed a firmware upgrade, but it is running 1.2.2b, which is the latest firmware on the Cisco site.

Has anyone been successful in configuring RADIUS authentication from a Windows IAS server on an SRW2016?  Thanks for your

help.

Mike Williams, Naval Postgraduate School

1 Reply 1

mrazmik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switch will reject any user without administrative credentials (priv_15).

Attached file has screen captures of IAS setup and switch. Please follow the captures.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X