cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Incoming Based on Calling Party Number

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I want all calls coming from 07917123456 when they are calling 12345 to be translated so they ring 56789 instead. However all calls not from 07917123456 which ring 12345 should go through to that number.

I have tried to get this working using a translation rule to change the called number and match the incoming number on a dial-peer using the answer-address, however my default incoming dial-peer uses incoming called-number . which means all calls are matching this.

Anyone have any ideas on a way of getting this working? Its a H323 gateway and I am using Call Manager 5.

voice translation-rule 99

rule 1 /^12345$/ /56789/

!

voice translation-profile DIVERT

translate called 99

!

dial-peer voice 99 pots

answer-address 07917123456

direct-inward-dial

translation-profile incoming DIVERT

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description *** Default incoming ***

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0

!

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Add "incoming called-number ." to DP 99 as well.

Also, contrary to certain documentaion, you do not need to specify a port for incoming-only DP's".

Hi, I have tried adding incoming called number . to the dialpeer as well, however it then provides a match.

If I shut down the default dial-peer then the 99 dial-peer works succesfully, but it translates the called number for any incoming call whether its sources from 0791712345 or any other number. So doesnt appear to be taking the answer-address into account.

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Another point. When I make an incoming call and debug voip dialpeer it does not appear to be matching dial-peer voice 99 using the answer-address.

Even though I see the following:

Calling Number=07917123456, Called Number=12345, Voice-Interface=0x0,

You should be able to match the calling number with either answer-address or destination-pattern.

I have tried using the answer-address as above.

A question regarding the operation of dial-peers. If the incoming called number matches, which it does as I am using . wildcard, is the dial-peer still a match even if it doesnt match the answer-address. So it will affect all calls.

Try "no huntstop" on DP 1"

Try lowering preference on DP 1.

After an equal weight first match, DP selection should preference anyway the one with a calling number.

All failing you can try a different IOS image or it's matter for the TAC.

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

Were you able to get this working?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: