cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0.2 Configuration Question

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

I want callers to be able to mark messages urgent and private/secure. I changed the user template to allow unidentified callers to do this but what about identified callers? If I log into Unity and leave a message for a user I have the mark as urgent, private and secure but not if I call from my phone (I would think I would be an identified user). FYI - though I changed the user template unidentified callers still can not mark a message urgent or secure. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Beth,

Just a little FYI type info (just in case:) When you change a Template, these changes are only applied to users created after the change has taken place (they are not applied to users who already exist.

The other thing to note here is that the changes related to unidentified callers for "secure" messages are set by default. They are not keyed in by the caller.

When users send messages by phone in Cisco Unity Connection, the messages can be marked private, secure, or both private and secure. You can also specify whether Connection marks messages that are left by outside callers as secure.

When users send a message, class of service settings determine whether the message is marked secure. By default, Connection automatically marks a message secure when the user marks it private.

•Outside callers cannot mark a message secure (or private and secure). Instead, the Unidentified Callers Message Security check box on the Edit > Messages page for a user account and call handler determines whether Connection automatically marks messages from outside callers secure, or delivers them with normal sensitivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag210.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I did get it straightened out.

Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: