cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with rip authentication

tyagi.vineet
Level 1
Level 1

I am using frame-relay over ppp with rip, when i put the authentication both the routers lost rip learned routes(after 15-30 min) and after removing the authentication routes came back.please suggess me the solution for the same.

for refrence please see the attach conf.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Claudiu,

the OP is doing PPP over Frame-Relay (not the opposite as he stated) so FR cannot see the IP multicast or brodacast packets that are carried inside PPP frames.

the strange part is that the problem happens only when authentication is used and after 15-30 minutes

I wonder if the routers have their clock in sync but I see that no lifetime is configured in the key chain so it looks like unrelated to clock issues.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Peter010101
Level 1
Level 1

Try debug ip rip on both sides.

c.captari
Level 1
Level 1

Please note that frame-relay is non-broadcast.

Try on each end

R1

interface Serial0/0/1

frame map ip 172.16.4.2 412 broadcast

R2

interface Serial0/0/1

frame map ip 172.16.4.1 512 broadcast

Hello Claudiu,

the OP is doing PPP over Frame-Relay (not the opposite as he stated) so FR cannot see the IP multicast or brodacast packets that are carried inside PPP frames.

the strange part is that the problem happens only when authentication is used and after 15-30 minutes

I wonder if the routers have their clock in sync but I see that no lifetime is configured in the key chain so it looks like unrelated to clock issues.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank yoy very much for your reply, but issue is resolveed now,after upgrading the IOS.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card