Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 upgrade problem

islam.irshaid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The situation is that we have a number of 7940 ip phones that were upgraded to sip frimware version 6 working on astrisk, now im trying to revert them back to skinny to use them on a cisco callmanager

The problem is that my friend long ago made converted them to sip, now im trying to convert them to skinny but aint working i looked up cisco and things are not working the ip phone (7940) is'nt taking anything i even tried to give it sip still didnt work even its own files nothing keeps saying error, finally its not allowing me to enter its settings.

Im trying to find a way to remove its configuration its firmware all of it and restart the whole process i need some advice here.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The process to convert from using Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP) is to delete the device and recreate it. You need latest firmware for 7940 and correct XMLDefault.cnf.xml file to put on the TFTP folder.

jijo.paul
Level 1
Level 1

hi

once i converted sccp to sip but i never did the reverse proces pls go through the below link hope this will help

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/5455/handset_to_sip.pdf

pls let me know if it success.

jijo paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: