Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility on CME7.0

qilin zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Now my customer wants to deploy the Extension Mobility in their office, the CME version is 7.0.

I know that CME7.0 can support EM with the logout-profile and user-profile. But when I was configuring the two profiles, I found that there are little commands under it, so I can't specify the preference which included in the Ephone-dn configuration, such as name and description.

So does it mean that when I login another ip phone using EM, the configurtion under the ephone-dn can't appear, just the number? Is that right?

Thanks very much

Kirin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. Just indicate number under the EM profile, and it will pull information from the ephone-dn that you have configured.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Not sure if you have seen this are not..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

I figured this might help to understand limitations.

Hi kelvin,

Thanks for your replay. I have read the documentation about the EM configuration before, it doesn't indicate the limitations definitely. I just seen there are less commands than in the ephone-dn configuration.

But someone told me that if I use the command "number" under the user-profile or logout-profile configuration, it will associate the ephone-dn information which has the same number. So when a user login on the phone, his personal information will appear on the phone. So it means there is no need to configure the personal info under the user-profile, just the same number as ephone-dn.

Is that right? Did anyone deploy the feature before?

Thanks

Kirin

You are correct. Just indicate number under the EM profile, and it will pull information from the ephone-dn that you have configured.

Hi Esther,

Thanks.

However I think cisco should indicate the information in the CME configuration guide.