Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility on CME7.0

qilin zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Now my customer wants to deploy the Extension Mobility in their office, the CME version is 7.0.

I know that CME7.0 can support EM with the logout-profile and user-profile. But when I was configuring the two profiles, I found that there are little commands under it, so I can't specify the preference which included in the Ephone-dn configuration, such as name and description.

So does it mean that when I login another ip phone using EM, the configurtion under the ephone-dn can't appear, just the number? Is that right?

Thanks very much

Kirin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. Just indicate number under the EM profile, and it will pull information from the ephone-dn that you have configured.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Not sure if you have seen this are not..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

I figured this might help to understand limitations.

Hi kelvin,

Thanks for your replay. I have read the documentation about the EM configuration before, it doesn't indicate the limitations definitely. I just seen there are less commands than in the ephone-dn configuration.

But someone told me that if I use the command "number" under the user-profile or logout-profile configuration, it will associate the ephone-dn information which has the same number. So when a user login on the phone, his personal information will appear on the phone. So it means there is no need to configure the personal info under the user-profile, just the same number as ephone-dn.

Is that right? Did anyone deploy the feature before?

Thanks

Kirin

You are correct. Just indicate number under the EM profile, and it will pull information from the ephone-dn that you have configured.

Hi Esther,

Thanks.

However I think cisco should indicate the information in the CME configuration guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: