cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 to CCM 7 upgrade

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

The upgrade guide for CCM 7 states that direct upgrades from releases prior to CCM 6 do not create the /spare filesystem. It further states that this is used to make the RTMT work more efficently, and that a fresh install is needed if you want to get this set up.

But the documentation is completely silent on how to get the data OUT of a CCM 5 system and then plug it back IN to a CCM 7 system. The DMA tool only works on 4.3 and earlier.

How does one dump the database out so it can be sucked back into a new CCM 7 install?

2 Replies 2

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Why would you not go to UCM 6.x then to 7.x

Ready over the compatibillity matrix on maje a couple of jumps. Then if you are going to new servers do a bacck up and restore to the new if they are the same versions.

Well, number one reason, the docs don't indicate that migrating first to 6 and then to 7 is the recommended path from 5. I guess we could, but then I'm going to have to also deal with an intermediate set of licenses in order to get a subsequent upgrade to 7 to work.

We're not replacing servers. I guess we could upgrade to 7, run a backup, then wipe, reinstall, and restore.